UFBH is very careful about the proper placement of our Basset Hounds. In order to find the best match for you, please fill out the following form. All information collected on this form is for placement purposes only and will not be used for solicitation or sold to other lists.
Adoption donations are required and the minimum donation amounts are as follows:
- 10 weeks to 1 year of age
- 1 year to 4 years of age
- 4 years to 7 years of age
- 7 years and older
These donations cover just a small portion of the cost incurred by UFBH to provide needed care—i.e., spaying/neutering, vaccines, food/shelter, and any other medical treatment deemed necessary to result in a healthy dog.
After you have submitted an adoption application and completed a phone interview with the Adoption Coordinator, a home visit will be scheduled. UFBH looks for answers to following questions during the home visit:
- Would I allow my Basset Hound to live in this home? (We are not looking at housekeeping skills; rather, we want to know about the family’s lifestyle, and whether there is room for a Basset Hound in their lives.)
- Does the applicant have time to spend with the Basset?
- Do all the family members want a Basset Hound?
- Is the housing arrangement Basset friendly? Is there a fenced yard?
- Is anyone allergic to dogs?
If you are approved for adoption, it is simply a matter of finding the best match between you and the Basset Hounds we have available. This may be a quick process or it may take some time, depending on the age, sex, or personality you desire. Younger Bassets and females usually necessitate a longer wait. When the perfect Basset Hound becomes available, the Adoption Coordinator will refer the applicant to the foster family for meeting time arrangements. So long as the meeting is successful, the foster family will review any special advice or suggestions for your new Basset and you will sign the Adoption Contract and take your new Basset Hound home.